ABOUT THE AWARDS
The ACTA Trial of the Year Awards were established in 2016 to honour and celebrate the outstanding Australian achievements that advance clinical practice and save or improve the lives of patients every year through collaborative, multicentre, investigator-driven clinical trials.
These awards honour the remarkable Australians who advance our health system by designing, conducting, or participating in ground-breaking clinical trials and promote the importance of clinical trials and the expertise and complexity of the work involved. We gratefully acknowledge the critical roles trialists, trial teams, consumers and industry partners have in delivering clinical trials and are proud to recognise these contributions.
In 2023, the award categories are:
- ACTA Trial of the Year Award
- ACTA STInG Excellence in Trial Statistics Award
- ACTA Consumer Involvement Award
- ACTA HEAT Excellence in Trial Based Health Economics Award (New in 2023)
AWARD NOMINATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
- ACTA Trial of the Year Award - trials considered for the ACTA Trial of the Year Award will be collaboratively developed, multicentre, investigator-driven, randomised controlled trials that were designed to improve patient-centred outcomes or healthcare delivery.
- ACTA STInG Excellence in Trial Statistics Award - alongside the judging process for ACTA Trial of the Year, nominated trials can be reviewed by an expert panel of statisticians convened by the ACTA Statistics in Trials Interest Group (ACTA STInG) for the ACTA STInG Excellence in Trial Statistics Award. This panel will consider the statistical methods summary provided within the trial nomination form, along with the trial’s published statistical analysis plan and primary results paper.
- ACTA Consumer Involvement Award - applicants should demonstrate exceptional creative and collaborative initiatives that involved consumers, incorporating the needs and values of patients and the public into trial protocol development (including priority setting) and design. Non-finalised/in-progress trials are eligible for this award providing recruitment for the trial is complete (as per the enrolment target) at the time of nomination.
- ACTA HEAT Excellence in Trial Based Health Economics Award - the nominated analyses will be reviewed by an expert panel of health economists convened by the ACTA Health Economics Alongside Trials Interest Group (ACTA HEAT) for the ACTA HEAT Excellence in Trial-Based Health Economics Award.
- The trials nominated for these three awards must have been designed and led by a network or investigator group that is a current Member of ACTA (Full or Associate Member).
- If you are applying for the ACTA Trial of the Year Award/ACTA STInG Excellence in Trial Statistics Award/ACTA HEAT Excellence in Trial-Based Health Economics Award, the primary results of the trial must have been published in the 2022 calendar year (electronically or in print).
- Please note that non-finalised/in-progress trials are eligible for the Consumer Involvement Award providing recruitment for the trial is complete (as per the enrolment target) at the time of nomination.
|Nominations closed at midnight, Tuesday 13 June 2023|
REGISTER FOR THE 2023 AWARDS CEREMONY
Registrations to attend the 2023 ACTA National Tribute and Awards ceremony will open at the end of May and will be presented at the ACTA International Clinical Trials Symposium, in Melbourne as part of the Symposium's Gala Dinner.
When: Tuesday 28 November 2023
Where: Park Hyatt, Melbourne