Applications are now open for a funding opportunity for Clinical Trial Networks.
The Australian Government is investing $190.8 million from the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) toward the Clinician Researchers Initiative over the next decade. This grant provides groups of clinician-researchers with funding to build research capacity to validate and implement new approaches that improve the quality and consistency of patient care.
The Clinician Researchers Initiative aims to:
- provide for dedicated salary/time and direct research resources to clinicians, researchers and healthcare professionals to focus on developing and refining their research skills.
- build research capacity to ensure we are asking and answering the right questions related to effective health interventions, promoting the effective translation of evidence into clinical practice, reducing waste and improving service safety and quality.
This grant opportunity - 2020 Clinician Researchers: Applied Research in Health - will fund projects in three funding streams:
- Stream 1: General practitioner-led teams
- Stream 2: Medical specialist-led teams
- Stream 3: Allied health-led teams.
Grants are up to $3M over 3 years.
Applications close at 5.00pm AEST on 12 April 2021