The Hon. Greg Hunt MP, Minister for Health opens the ACTA International Clinical Trials Conference.
The ACTA International Clinical Trial Conference brings together global leaders in clinical trials to explore the underlying vision of the Australian Clinical Trials Alliance and the theme of the Conference: Better health through best evidence.
Four hundred delegates will meet to share and expand their knowledge on all types of clinical trials including investigator-initiated clinical trials, innovative trial design, data access and linkage, the role of consumers in clinical trials and embedding clinical trials in routine practice
The three-day event will be declared open by The Hon. Greg Hunt MP, Minister for Health on Thursday 3 October, where he will discuss the importance of clinical trials in delivering high-quality care, innovation and economic value to the health care system, and Australian Government perspectives on clinical research.
During his time at the ACTA International Clinical Trials Conference, the Minister will meet with world-leaders in clinical trials, including:
- Dr Richard Pazdur, Director, US Food and Drug Administration’s Oncology Center of Excellence – named by Fortune Magazine as one of the 50 World’s Greatest Leaders.
- Prof Derek C. Angus, Distinguished Professor at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine – his major interest is in novel trial designs for precision medicine and the learning health system. He is also the Critical Care editor for the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA).
- Dr Barbara Bierer,Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School and the Brigham and Women’s Hospital – founder and leader of the Multi-Regional Clinical Trials Centre of Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard, expert in regulatory foundations, ethics, entrepreneurship and innovation.
- Mr Stuart Spencer, Senior Executive Editor, The Lancet, United Kingdom – expert in principles, ethics, research and publications. Leader of the Fast Track team at The Lancet.
- Dr Pamela Tenaerts, Executive Director, Clinical Trial Transformation Initiative, United States – sharing international expertise in randomised clinical trial approval processes.
- Mr Simon Denegri OBE, National Director for Patients, Carers and the Public in Research at the National Institute for Health Research, United Kingdom – spearheading community and public involvement in health and social care, communications and promotion of public involvement in research.
- Prof Neena Modi, Professor of Neonatal Medicine, Imperial College London – established the (UK) National Neonatal Research Database, using real-world clinical data to improve health care and health services and an advocate for health equity-based on publicly-funded and publicly-provided health services.
For more information on the ACTA International Clinical Trials Conference program go to: www.clinicaltrialsconference.com.au
Australian Clinical Trials Alliance (ACTA) is the peak body for Clinical Trials Networks and Clinical Quality Registries in Australia. We believe in Better Health Through Best Evidence. For more information on ACTA go to www.clinicaltrialsalliance.org.au