ACTA’s Effective and Efficient CTNs Reference Group is conducting a sector-wide consultation as part of its review of the structural and operational aspects of CTNs.
What will the review deliver?
- guidance on best practice options for CTN operation, management and governance
- operational tools for use across the sector
- a network for CTN operational staff, including mentor-mentee linkage pathways for newly established CTNs
What are the steps during the review?
- identification of all potential structural and functional aspects of CTN operations.
- focus groups, including representation from a variety of CTNs, to explore CTN operations to identify critical success factors, unmet needs, and barriers and enablers to effective CTN operations
- a call for CTNs to share current resources to aid development of operational tools
What’s expected from ACTA members?
ACTA believes every CTN has valuable information to contribute. You or your CTN’s ACTA representative should already have received a participation request including a document to review and comment on; an invitation to nominate for or attend a focus group; and a request for you to send to ACTA Central sample resources such as terms of reference, strategy plans, job descriptions, and so on. ACTA will not share these documents further without your express permission. Our objective is to use them to inform generic best practice templates and resources for use by start-up and established CTNs sector-wide.
If you have questions about the review or you or your CTN has not received an invitation to participate, please contact Nicola Straiton, Project Officer.
If you are taking part in the consultation but missed the submission deadline, please submit by 11 July 2018.