The theme for the 2022 NHMRC Symposium is 'Embracing Diversity', and the intention is to encourage the translation of research that improves equity and respects the health and health care decision making needs of people of different cultures, ethnic groups, socio-economic groups, abilities or ages. It includes (but is not limited to):
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- people who live in rural and remote areas
- culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities
- people living with disability.
This will be a hybrid event held in collaboration with the Australian Health Research Alliance (AHRA), the Sax Forum, and the Australian Living Evidence Consortium (ALEC)/ Cochrane Australia.
The Symposium will:
- be a hybrid event, designed to minimise the impact of any changes in circumstance that may arise from new outbreaks of COVID-19 or other factors
- consist of a combination of keynote / plenary, abstract and panel sessions, with face-to-face elements to enable local / regional in-person networking
- have abstract presentations that will be pre-recorded and available to view online 1 to 2 weeks before the Symposium
- hold in-person satellite events in the capital city of each State and Territory.