ABOUT THE AWARDS
Established in in 2016, the ACTA Trial of the Year Awards honour and celebrate the outstanding Australian achievements that advance clinical practice and save or improve the lives of patients every year through collaborative, multicentre, investigator-driven clinical trials.
These awards celebrate the incredible Australians propelling our healthcare system forward through groundbreaking clinical trials. Emphasising the importance of clinical trials, these awards highlight the expertise and intricacy involved in designing, conducting, and participating in these transformative studies.
In 2024, the trophies will be awarded in the following categories:
- ACTA Trial of the Year Award
- ACTA STInG Excellence in Trial Statistics Award
- ACTA Consumer Involvement Award
- ACTA HEAT Excellence in Trial Based Health Economics Award
- ACTA Trial of the Year Award - trials considered for the ACTA Trial of the Year Award will be collaboratively developed, multicentre, investigator-driven, randomised controlled trials that were designed to improve patient-centred outcomes or healthcare delivery.
- ACTA STInG Excellence in Trial Statistics Award - alongside the judging process for ACTA Trial of the Year, nominated trials can be reviewed by an expert panel of statisticians convened by the ACTA Statistics in Trials Interest Group (ACTA STInG) for the ACTA STInG Excellence in Trial Statistics Award. This panel will consider the statistical methods summary provided within the trial nomination form, along with the trial’s published statistical analysis plan and primary results paper.
- ACTA Consumer Involvement Award - applicants should demonstrate exceptional creative and collaborative initiatives that involved consumers, incorporating the needs and values of patients and the public into trial protocol development (including priority setting) and design. Non-finalised/in-progress trials are eligible for this award providing recruitment for the trial is complete (as per the enrolment target) at the time of nomination.
- ACTA HEAT Excellence in Trial Based Health Economics Award - the nominated analyses will be reviewed by an expert panel of health economists convened by the ACTA Health Economics Alongside Trials Interest Group (ACTA HEAT) for the ACTA HEAT Excellence in Trial-Based Health Economics Award.
NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN
Nominations will close at midnight Friday 29 March 2024. Please return your completed forms to email@example.com.
- The trials nominated for these three awards must have been designed and led by a network or investigator group that is a current Member of ACTA (Full or Associate Member).
- If you are applying for the ACTA Trial of the Year Award/ACTA STInG Excellence in Trial Statistics Award/ACTA HEAT Excellence in Trial-Based Health Economics Award, the primary results of the trial must have been published in the 2023 calendar year (electronically or in print).
- Please note that non-finalised/in-progress trials are eligible for the Consumer Involvement Award providing recruitment for the trial is complete (as per the enrolment target) at the time of nomination.