We warmly invite you to join us for the ACTA Summit 2020: Monday, 30 November to Friday, 4 December 2020.
The ACTA Summit 2020 will be a ‘virtual’ gathering of Australian and international experts to discuss the design and conduct of clinical trials, developments in clinical quality registries, embedding research into healthcare, new approaches to practice, and innovations in clinical trial governance and consumer engagement.
The ACTA Summit 2020 will focus on the opportunities and challenges facing the sector from the perspective of ACTA’s vision of better health through best evidence. The underlying themes of the ACTA Summit 2020 are:
- Innovations in Trials and Registries in Healthcare
- Impact of COVID-19: Lessons Learned and Future Initiatives
The Clinical Trials 2020: National Tribute and Award Ceremony will also be presented during the Summit.
Experts in clinical trial design and implementation, health economics, consumer engagement, statistics, data and policy will come together to talk about the state of investigator-initiated clinical trials, clinical quality registries and clinical trial coordinating centres.
To capture as well as gain from the rapid changes the healthcare and research systems faced during COVID-19, ACTA Summit 2020 will:
- Review the current landscape for conducting clinical research internationally and in the Australian healthcare system; highlighting successes, identifying challenges and solutions and examining how the rapid changes brought about by COVID-19 can be maintained and expanded.
- Present advancements in clinical research methodology, registries, and data technologies for more effective and implementable outcomes.
- Foster discussions that cut across disciplines and health conditions, leveraging opportunities.
View the full program here:
Call for Digital Posters
The Organising Committee is pleased to invite submissions for poster presentations. The poster sessions are scheduled for Wednesday 2 December 2020 from 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm and will be highly interactive. For their work to be presented, the presenting author must register for the Summit and be available for the poster presentation session. Limit one poster per registered attendee.
ACTA Summit 2020 digital poster session provides an opportunity to engage with attendees on the key themes of the Summit. The Organising Committee will review poster submissions, and accepted posters will be published in the ACTA Summit 2020 Conference/Mobile App digital Poster Gallery. Summit attendees will be able to view the digital posters for up to a year after the event.
All posters must be submitted electronically through the ACTA Summit 2020 eOrganiser Portal.
Posters should stimulate discussion; not give a long presentation. Therefore, keep text to a minimum, emphasize graphics, and make sure everything in your poster is necessary. Please click here to download a sample poster template. We encourage making your poster visually or otherwise appealing and presenting it in an innovative way.
How to Submit your Digital Poster for ACTA Summit 2020
- Login to the ACTA Summit 2020 eOrganiser Portal via https://acta2020-c21225.eorganiser.com.au/
- Invited Speaker / Chairperson: Login using your email address and password to upload a digital poster or your PowerPoint slides.
- New Users: If you are not an invited speaker or chairperson, please Create an Author Account to submit a digital poster. A short (maximum 150-200 word) bio and passport style photo (max 2MB) is required when creating an account.
- Upon successfully logged in, click on ‘Submit Digital Poster’ to upload a digital poster and complete the fields below.
- Paper Title
- Digital Poster File: Browse your computer and attach the poster file. (Note: A maximum of one to two PowerPoint slides are allowed. Presenters have the option to include narration as part of their slides. ACTA is allowing the inclusion of an audio recording, up to 2 (two) minutes with your slides. Please note this is not mandatory. Digital poster file must be a .ppt or .pptx file with dimensions equal to 16:9 Landscape. Embedded audio or video is supported.)
- Under ‘Other Details’, please check the appropriate radio button next to the question ‘Are you an ACTA member’ to let us know your ACTA membership status.
- Click ‘Submit’ to submit the poster.
- Registration Deadline EXTENDED: 4 December 2020
- Presentation Slides Submission Deadline: 20 November 2020
- Digital Poster Submission Deadline EXTENDED: 23 November 2020
- Submitters will be notified of approval (and time) to present: 26 November 2020
We are very grateful to the continued support of our event sponsors.
- Gold Sponsors
- NSW Office for Health and Medical Research
- Bellberry Limited
- Clinical Trials 2020: National Tribute and Awards Ceremony Sponsor
- Medicines Australia
- Session Sponsor
Statistical Analysis Plan
ACTA Board Charter
ACTA Trial of the Year Award 2020 guidelines and nomination forms
ACTA Year in Review: Financial Year 2018/2019
ACTA Resources Brochure
ACTA activity work plan 2019 – 2020
Report on the activities and achievements of clinical trials networks in Australia 2004 – 2014
What a trialist should know about implementation to practice
Submission to MRFF Consultation
Submission to Medical Research Future Fund Priority Consultation
Medical Research Future Fund – clinical trial funding set to deliver significant benefits to Australian patients and the economy
ACTA Advisory Council minutes July 2017
Economic evaluation of investigator-initiated clinical trials conducted by networks
Economic evaluation of investigator-initiated clinical trials conducted by networks – Appendix: Individual trial-level results
Open letter to the Hon Greg Hunt MP following announcement of MRFF funding for ACTA and clinical trials
How can clinical trials networks drive better translation of evidence into better quality care?
The Global Perspective: Measuring the impact of Australian-led trials & registries internationally
ACTA Summit 2016 – Opening address
ACTA Submission to the NHMRC Public Consultation on revisions to sections 3 & 5 of the National Statement
ACTA Summit 2016 – Dr Neil Soderlund
Medical Research Future Fund set to put high quality evidence at the heart of healthcare – historic moment for all Australians
ACTA STInG Submission to the NHMRC Structural Review
ACTA Submission to the NHMRC Structural Review
ACTA Submission on the MRFF Strategy & Priorities
ACTA Submission on the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards Version 2: Consultation Draft
ACTA Submission to the Medicare Benefits Schedule Review Taskforce
ACTA Submission to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee on the Medical Research Future Fund Bill 2015
ACTA submission on safety monitoring & reporting of clincial trials in Australia
Report on the Activities and Achievements of Clinical Trials Networks in Australia 2004-2014
ACTA Submission to The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) Teaching, Training and Research Costing Study
ACTA Submission on draft Principles for accessing and using publicly funded data for health research
WA Health joins national alliance for better evidence in healthcare
ACTA submission on revised table of standard costs for clinical trials
Report on the ACTA 2014 National Summit of Clinical Trials Networks